So much has happened in gardenland this summer that it’s been tough to keep up. Despite so-so attention, the summer garden was a one family CSA. Alas, it’s on the wane, and we’re digging in for the fall.
Here’s a quick summary:
- Zucchinis have been uprooted after six solid weeks of zucchini meals four nights out of seven.
- The four cucumbers caught a wilt and produced a meager dozen of fruits. Note to self: lemon cucumbers may be Nana’s favorites, but they’re not ours.
- Tomatoes are going great guns, despite totally inadequate staking and a nasty, nasty worm proble
- BEANS! Finally, after years of failure, the yields have been spectacular this year
And in the fall garden, seeds planted today by the Hurricane and yours truly:
- beans (more beans!)
- zucchini & cucumber (round two, planted earlier this month)