With the basil still recovering from the grilled pizza adventure, tarragon stepped in to give this pasta a surprising bite.
Penne With Vodka
3 Tbs olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2-3 large cloves garlic, minced
28 oz. tomatoes, lightly drained and chopped
1/4 c. vodka
1/4 – 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
black pepper to taste
1/2 c. heavy cream
tarragon (or basil) to taste
1 lb penne (cooked until al dente)
1) Get the pasta started.
1b) Grab the vodka and make a martini.
2) Heat the olive oil over medium heat, add onions and stir until the onions have softened, about 5 minutes.
3) Add garlic, stir for about a minute.
4) Toss in tomatoes, vodka, and red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Simmer 10 minutes
5) Pour in cream, heat through.
6) Add tarragon or basil, mix with pasta.
7) Thank the chef. Make happy noises. Enjoy.